Friday 25 May 2012

Welcome to the journey

This is my first post on a journey that I would like to share with others, travelling the road out of the inner discomfort of co-dependence.  I have been travelling this road for the past ten years, when someone told me that co-dependence was not a happy place to live and that although it wasn't my fault, I was the only one that could make the decision to undo the emotional damage that my dysfunctional upbringing had caused.

I have been lucky to have been given many helpers on this journey, and I have discovered that there will always be parts of me that need mending, no matter how far I think I have travelled along this road.  It has also struck me that in helping others to recover from their issues, I am also highlighting the issues in myself that I need to work on.  So this really is a journey that we all share and not one where one person 'heals' another because they are ok, but the other person is not.

We are all 'ok' but many of us don't believe this.  We can all help each other along this path.  We aren't broken and we don't need fixing, but we can all learn from each others' triumphs. If anything I say is helpful to you, then that is great. I'm sure that you will also have much to teach me.  So for everyone that would like to contribute, I would like to say ' Welcome to the journey'.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right, we all need some work in healing ourselves, and I know I have a long way to go yet, we all have that journey to explore and fix, and we can all help each other out. Thanks for sharing, I too have a blog where I have posted all my child abuse poetry, and have poems about my inner child, http://www.nippercats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary. You may feel that you have a long way to go, but look how far you have already come. It's human nature to only see the obstacles before us and not the triumphs behind us. This is very much a human journey that we need to help each other along, as we all suffer from similar problems, albeit in different degrees of severity and with different ways of coping. I shall go and have a look at your blog now ...

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete